Wednesday 30 October 2013

Me



This is me. A Happy Fellow, 18 years of age and currently studying Game Art at De Montfort University. I thought the best way to start this blog would be to tell you a little about myself and my background.
I was born in Leicestershire and have lived in Leicestershire all of my life, so far anyway. I love to travel, experience new cultures and discover new places. A lot of inspiration for my work comes from environments around the world, television programmes, games, books, films and anything else that catches my eye and intrigues me for one reason or another.
I have always been a very curious and creative person who loves to explore and discover new and interesting things. I am part of a field archery club and I  practicing with my bows as often as possible. I love to walk the dog over long distances exploring at the same time. I have been a member of the scouting association since roughly the age of six and have been on hundreds of camping and hiking experiences. I love to read, play computer games, watch films and of course draw and sculpt. 
Also in my spare time I enjoy character design and story writing. I enjoy these exercises because they are so creative and fun, they  also help me to practise my art techniques and stay creative. 
Previous to this course I studied Interactive media at Stephenson’s college in Coalville Leicestershire. This course entailed a number different subjects such as concept art, illustration and design projects such as logo designs and designing awards or trophies. At the beginning of this course I felt rather lost and without sense of direction. But as the course progressed I began to enjoy the field of work more than ever before. I found myself immersed in the creativity of subjects such as concept art, animation, environment design and character art. 




No comments:

Post a Comment